Here is a list of recommended resources for trainee
• The Official DVSA Theory Test for Approved Driving Instructors DVD-ROM
• The Official Highway Code
• Know Your Traffic Signs
• The Driving Instructor's
• The Official DVSA Guide to Driving - the essential skills
• The Official DVSA Guide to Hazard Perception DVD
(All can be found on desktopdriving.co.uk)
Parts 2 and 3:
• Prepare for your Practical Test DVD
• The Official DVSA Guide to Learning to Drive
• Practical Teaching Skills for Driving Instructors
• Road craft, The Police Driver's Handbook
As a PDI (potential driving instructor), you are entitled to a 15 per cent discount when you order these titles directly from TSO, DVSA's official publishing partner - call 0333 200 2401.
Finding an ADI training course
You don’t have to have any training before you take the ADI tests but you’re likely to find it very difficult to pass the tests without specialist training. As well as preparing you for the test, the course will teach you about some of the practicalities of being a driving instructor such as managing your diary and retaining your pupils.
You can find driving instructor trainers on GOV.UK.
Click picture below to go to get the helpful info you will need.